Ocean Pic

Ocean Pic

Saturday, October 25, 2014

How to Bust Through the Impenetrable Walls of Life


“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something."
-Dr Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

Many of us have experienced this one time or another, where we seem to hit a brick wall that disables us to pass through the road we've set out for ourselves. The bricks are towering over us with strong mortar, that appears to be an immovable object that is complacent in where it stands, and it is here to stay.

It disempowers many of us standing before the wall. Some of us either decide to accept being unable to progress, or others will find a way to get across by catapulting ourselves high above the wall, digging below to get across, or find the nearest bulldozer that is labeled "YOU CAN'T STOP ME"

Once upon a time, I caught myself at the lowest point in my life which made me physically and mentally ill with utter defeatedness in pursuing my challenging goal. I refused to get out of bed, I refused to eat anything but junk food, and I sure as hell didn't want anyone to tell me to be positive! I was ready to try anything at this point to help aid my situation by either waiting for a magical fairy to walk through my door, convert myself to any religion that will take care of me, or just giving it all up. It was a painful time.

I came across a certain speaker who brought tears of ecstasy into my life that enabled me to keep tackling my problem, and this great speaker gave the most honest, heartfelt speech that resonated with the position I was in, and he said,

"Don't cry to give up! Cry to keep going! You already in pain, you already hurt! Get a reward from it!"
-Eric Thomas

And he was right!

If you're walking down the path to your goal and you happen to trip and fall, don't fall backwards because you're in pain, fall forward to keep on going!

Example:
1954, Elvis Presly was fired and told by the manager of the Grand Ole Opry after one performance, that he should go back to driving a truck because he would never make it as a singer.

1995, J.K. Rowling was divorced, living on welfare, and submitted Harry Potter to 12 publishing houses, all of which rejected the manuscript.

2011, Donald Trump files for Bankruptcy for the fourth time, and still remains as one of the top businessmen with a net worth of 4 billion.

You're already trapped in the storm! So why not move directly into the eye of the storm, and see the blissful light that is ahead for you, because everything else becomes secondary.

Now I'm not saying its going to be easy. We're going to be put to the test of who we are, and what we're made of; since many of us may not be able to handle the defeats and throw in the towel when we're being beaten by life.

But for those of us who see's greatness within themselves, and see the light at the end of the tunnel, we will join the great men that have walked before us, and smile when we take our last breathe in this world and say "I did everything I wanted in this life, and I have no regrets". Heaven is truly on Earth, but it is what we make of it here and now.

So I'd like to end this by saying,


If others can do it, can't you do it as well?



Source:
photo credit a href=httpswww.flickr.comphotostuchodi3611746263tuchodia via a href=httpphotopin.comphotopina a href=httpcreativecommons.orglicensesby-sa2.0cca

No comments:

Post a Comment