Ocean Pic

Ocean Pic

Sunday, October 26, 2014

The 3 Easy Steps to Creating New Habits


"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."
-Aristotle

Many of us have dreams and goals that we want to obtain whether it's getting good grades, to lose weight, or to become successful in life. But none of those things can be achieved, until we learn to implement new habits within our lives.

I used to suffer from a severely bad case of acne around my whole face.
  1. My face was red 24/7
  2. People would ask me if it hurts when I touch my face
  3. It was making me miserable inside.

Don't get me wrong, I washed my face everyday, I applied topical creams, avoid touching my face, anything I found researching that might help. Finally, I decided to go to a dermatologist who gave me a prescription which got rid of 75% which I was very proud of, but they all came back shortly after the treatment ended.

I soon began trying a new approach called a "holistic diet" which I blended fruits and vegetables every day for a week straight every morning, which in my astonishment after a short week, my skin became silky smooth with a minor pimples here and there, but I couldn't complain!

But as soon as I slack off and skip the diet, couple of days later, all the acne comes back like a swarm of bees.

So here are "The 3 Easy Steps to Creating New Habits"

  • Knowledge – Find out WHAT it is that you need to do, and why you need to do them! (ie: following the Holistic Diet to try and get rid of my acne problem)

  • Skills – Find out HOW you need to do them and why you need to do them! (ie: researching the types of fruits and vegetables that are key components to get clear skin, and go purchase them in an organic fruits and vegetable store)

  • Desire – What is your MOTIVATION to do what it is that you want out of this experience! (ie: to get clear skin, and not feel dreadful about myself)


My last optional recommended steps are, to write your goals down, and reward yourself!
When you write down your goals, you start on investing within yourself that you want those goals bad enough. And after you write them down, it becomes very hard for your integrity, to go back on your own words. Because when you stare into the piece of paper you have written on, you'll know deep down that in order to become better, we must become better, so we do it any ways!

"Successful people do what they do, whether they feel like it or not!"
-Brian Tracy

And I believe rewarding yourself is very important. I used to binge on a game called League of Legends whenever I have down time, but now I only allow myself to play a match when I finish my daily habits!


So what are some habit's you'll start creating for yourself?


Source:
photo credit a href=httpswww.flickr.comphotospinksherbet4764589528Pink Sherbet Photographya via a href=httpphotopin.comphotopina a href=httpcreativecommons.orglicensesby2.0cca

No comments:

Post a Comment