Ocean Pic

Ocean Pic

Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Easy Way to Discover Your Passion Work


As we grow older and enter the age of adulthood and responsibilities, we realize that we need a job so we may support ourselves in our bright future. Some where along the line, we all get to the point where we start to seriously ask ourselves, “What type of work/career do I want?”. 
For some, we may follow the route of what makes us happy or try and find the highest paying job with little to no work at all so we can do what truly makes us happy. Whatever category you may think you’re in, first off let me begin by asking you “Are you happy with the work that you’re in? Or you haven’t the faintest idea of what you would actually like to do?”

My dear friend. You’ve come to the right place, and I’ll share my experiences along with some famous men/women on how they were able to find their passion with 3 short stories.

1. Feeding the Hungry
A boy at the age of 11 was living in poverty with his family. They found themselves with no food on Thanksgiving and to this little boy’s astonishment, a stranger knocks on his door and gave him groceries for his family to eat. At that moment, the boy named Tony Robbins decided that he would help feed the hungry. Each Thanksgiving, him and his friends would volunteer to help anyone who’s hungry. And every year, the amount of food and volunteer workers doubled, and kept multiplying more than 10x over! Now he runs a charity program called “Anthony Robbins Foundation” and gives away millions of meals to help feed the hunger across the nation!

“Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life’s deepest joy: true fulfillment.”
-Tony Robbins

2. Thank goodness no dentures
I had recently visited a dentist to get my wisdom tooth pulled out. As I looked around the operating room, I noticed many awards hung on the wall as I normally see in any office. As I conversed with the doctor, I popped the question “What made you decide to become a dentist?”. He began telling me his story about his skiing accident where he hit face flat on a rail which caused his bottom front teeth to chip and fall out. He went to go see a dentist as soon as possible and the doctor gave him fake teeth to be replaced. And to his amazement, it looked exactly like the way it was before! So he decided then and there that he would work towards becoming a great dentist!
3. Diamond in the rough
Growing older, I became more fond of books towards Personal Development and Psychology, for they feel like water to me. An essential part of life. As time went on, the people I met started telling me some where along the lines of “you have a way with words I can truly connect with” on the subject of life. At first, I paid no attention to it what so ever, but as time went on with hearing it more often, it dawned on me, that I really enjoy talking about Life in a way that promotes a better life style for the other individuals! So I made it my life’s mission to invoke inspiration and empowerment through positive influence to others!

Did you catch it?
Each story had an emotion that was connected with a personal event that had an impact on an individual’s life. Whether it’d be through starvation, skiing accident, or others helping it find it for you! But most important of all… 
They all DECIDED that that’s what they’re going to be and began moving towards that goal! If you don’t decide what it is that you’re going to be and how you’re going to do it, nothing will ever happen!

“There’s a redemptive power that making a choice has rather than feeling like you’re an effect to all the things that are happening. Make a choice. Just decide what it’s gonna be, who you’re gonna be, how you are going to do it. Just decide. And from that point, the universe will get out of your way.”
-Will Smith

Now decide. What would you like to be? Start moving towards it and your life will never be the same again.

Sources:
photo credit a href=httpswww.flickr.comphotosfrosch5011269910685Georgie Pauwelsa via a href=httpphotopin.comphotopina a href=httpcreativecommons.orglicensesby2.0cca

No comments:

Post a Comment