Ocean Pic

Ocean Pic

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

How to Never Worry, and Live Fully Now!


There comes a time when we all start to recollect back into the past, to see if our late judgments have benefited us or not; with the time that we have left on this planet Earth. Some examples that triggers these effects are: finding out someone had just gotten married, finding out your friends younger sibling just graduated, and most of all, when we hit a certain age that is of significant.

Recently, I received a pleasant surprise from an old friend of mine, that had gotten in contact with me via messaging; to soon realize, that they were thousands of miles away in a different country experiencing a brand-new participation of what life has to offer.

Immediately, my mind began to pull files out of my memory cabinet, and started to compare the earliest memory I had with who I was when I last saw her, to where I am currently now; without any effort.

There was a dark place in time, in which I felt very lost and afraid of not knowing how my future was going to turn out. With no sense of guidance or route for my life to be on the right path, I was devastated of how my future might turn out to be exactly the way I live now; I was terrified.

Fast forwarding to after finding my passion in life, I started working very hard studying to obtain my goals, and I couldn't care less about my happiness in the present moment, because I knew it was all going to be worth it in the future. Although I tried not to care, I was still unhappy.

During that time, a friend had lent me a book called "The Miracle of Mindfulness" by Thich Nhat Hanh, which taught me a great lesson of learning how to live completely in the present moment.

While you're washing the dishes, to only think about the next dish that is awaiting us, causes us to hurry to get to the other dish as if they were a nuisance. Which then, we are not "washing the dishes to wash the dishes". We lose being in the present moment, and get sucked away into the future unable to actually live in the present moment.

If you know how to live in the present moment, you know that you only have to clean that one dish that is in your hand, which causes us to clean in the present moment, as if it is the only dish we'll ever have to clean. Then when you're done, you reach for the next one and start all over again.

“If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present.”
-Lao Tzu

So when you're feeling depressed or worried, getting back to the present moment clears it all away! Because when can you ever feel anything about your past or future, except the here and now? Therefore, we must realize that we create our own experience as we go along the way. Only you have the power to decide how you want to feel every moment of your waking life.

“You create your own universe as you go along.”
-Winston Churchill


So decide now, how would you like to feel?


Source:
origin_14967475145...photo credit a href=httpswww.flickr.comphotosvinothchandar14967475145VinothChandara via a href=httpphotopin.comphotopina a href=httpcreativecommons.orglicensesby2.0cca



No comments:

Post a Comment